OASNP Delegate Caucus
At the End of the OEA RA – Cardinal Room
Watch announcements if location changes.
OASNP members and delegates involved in special education are invited.
OASNP Special Education Conference
Save the Date – February 24-25
Mohican State Park Lodge and Conference Center
The Ohio Association of Special Needs Professionals (OASNP) is a Department of OEA focused on the needs of OEA members serving children and adults with special needs.
A Special Education Conference is put on by OASNP each year at the end of February.
- The theme for this year is “Celebrate Back Together for a New Era,” and will explore what works in our new era and resources available for addressing equity for students.
- Also included: Legal and Legislative Updates.
- There will be a Networking Happy Hour Friday evening February 25
- The conference will include the OASNP Annual Meeting.
- Check our OASNP website for information about past conferences.
- Add your name to our mailing list for conference information when it becomes available. Use Contact Us to update contact information or be added to the mailing list. New contacts will be entered into a $10 Gift Card Drawing.
OEA Special Education Members – Join OASNP!
- Are you:
- Working with students with special needs?
- Advocating for Students with Special Needs?
- Co-teaching and/or a Support Staff?
- Looking for resources or answers?
- Then OASNP is for you!
- OASNP Landing Page on OEA website – https://www.ohea.org/join-oasnp/
- OASNP Online Enrollment Page – https://www.ohea.org/oasnp-membership-application/
- OASNP Website – http://oasnp.ohea.us/
Your Membership Application will be forwarded to your local Association Treasurer so your $10 OASNP dues can be added to your OEA dues for next year.
We will add you to our membership list immediately.
What is OASNP? – Why Join?
- OASNP is a department of OEA devoted specifically to advocating for the needs of members working with students and adults with special needs. OASNP monitors bargaining and professional issues and communicates concerns and suggestions to the various departments and committees within OEA.
- Along with OEA Districts and the other sub-divisions and caucuses of OEA, OASNP appoints a member to each of the OEA Standing Committees and advocates for the unique needs of its constituency.
- OASNP representatives on OEA Committees will make sure that issues of concern are addressed.
- Your $10 annual OASNP membership dues supports those efforts by funding our annual Special Education Conference, presence at the OEA Summer Leadership Academy, newsletters, website, regional meetings, subcommittee structure, and supports the efforts of OASNP leadership to represent your interests to OEA leadership.
OASNP Officers and Executive Board – 2022-2024
|Chairperson||Christina West||PCEMR-SSA (Portage CBDD)|
|Vice-Chairperson||Nikki Nadasky||PCEMR-SSA (Portage CBDD)|
|Treasurer||Sandy Smith Fischer||Streetsboro EA|
|Secretary||Kathy Abrahamson||Newton Falls ACE|
|At-Large Representative #1||Marchell Josie||East Cleveland EA|
|At-Large Representative #2||Debbie VanGorder||Ashtabula ASCE|
|At-Large Representative #3||Kendall Newell||West Carrollton EA|
|At-Large Representative #4||Jovita Wade||Fairborn EA|
|At-Large Representative #5||Cindy Negulescu||Reynoldsburg SSA|
|At-Large Representative #6||Leslie Frank||Weaver Wksh Sup Assn – Retired (Summit CBDD)|
|Past Chairperson||Jené Wilson||ACCESS-Retired (Cuyahoga CBDD)|
|Business Manager||Hank Haynes||ACCESS-Retired (Cuyahoga CBDD)|