Advancing and supporting education professionals and public-school students in Ohio.
About the Foundation
The work of the Ohio Educational Foundation is to fund initiatives that enhance student learning, student achievement, and well-being, as well as promote social justice. Its Board of Directors provides four funding opportunities annually:
- Diversity Grants — To develop and pursue instructional classroom programs or curriculum that promote diversity, tolerance, and respect for humankind.
- Innovation Grants — For the pursuit of innovative and creative practices where learning is enriched by experiences or projects.
- Whisper Grant for Students in Need — Funds provided directly to an OEA member to assist a student with an identified hardship in meeting an educational or personal need.
- Make-A-Wish — In collaboration with Make-A-Wish®, the Foundation provides seed money for OEA Locals seeking to make a child’s wish come true.
Apply for a Grant Today!
Whisper Fund Grants for Students in Need are available all year long. Submitting completed grant applications through the new OEA online form tool is encouraged. Otherwise, send via U.S. Mail or email to the addresses indicated.
Foundation Board of Directors
- Matthew DeMatteis, Dublin E.A.
- Scott DiMauro, OEA President
- Angel Dyer-Sanchez, Columbus E.A.
- Becky Higgins, OEA-Retired
- Carol Kinsey, OEA-Retired
- Lori Michalec, Tallmadge T.A.
- Angela Stewart, Reynoldsburg E.A.
- Digna Taveras, Wilmington E.A.
- Cheryl Williams, Dublin S.A.
- Mark Hill, OEA Secretary-Treasurer
- Patricia Collins Murdock, OEA Executive Director
- Jeff Wensing, OEA Vice President
- Kristy Spires, Assist. Executive Director ‐ Business Services
Diversity Grants are to develop and pursue instructional programs or curriculum that promote an appreciation for diversity, equity, and respect for humankind within the classroom and educational environment.
A minimum of six grants, up to $3,000 each, will be awarded. The submission deadline is February 1, 2022. The grantee will then have one year from May 31 of the award year to utilize the funds.
Innovation Grants will be offered to those who are in pursuit of innovative and creative practices where learning is being enriched by experiences or projects.
Four grants will be awarded at up to $5,000 each. The submission deadline is February 1, 2022. The grantee will then have one year from May 31 of the award year to utilize the funds.
Whisper Grant for Students in Need offer direct assistance to an individual student with educational or personal needs when a hardship is identified. Grants are issued to a requesting education staff member to purchase items or improve an individual’s school learning or academic performance or to assist with basic needs such as eyeglasses, personal hygiene items, repairs to a broken wheelchair, etc.
Applications are reviewed monthly with a maximum of $500 up to a total annual funding of $10,000.
The Kids For Wish Kids® program fosters the value of community service by providing students with hands-on experience in helping to grant local wishes through school fundraising.
After reaching the first $500 in contributions, please complete and submit the matching Grant Application.
Ohio Educational Foundation
OEA Awards Committee
225 E. Broad St., Columbus, OH 43216
Note: If submitting an online application, it must be completed in a single session, as you will not be able to save and return to it at a later time.
The OEA Educational Foundation has been determined by the IRS to be a 501(c)(3) charitable organization eligible to receive tax-deductible contributions in accordance with IRS Code section 170.