NEA RA / NEOEA Advisory Seat Elections
The Annual Meeting and Representative Assembly (RA) will be held July 2-7, 2019, at the George R. Brown Convention Center, in Houston, TX.
- Click here to access the OEA-R Spring Bios
- Click here to access your OEA-Retired 2019 Election Ballot
Balloting closes March 30, 2019 at 5 p.m.
OEA-R Spring Conference
The OEA-Retired will host its annual Spring Conference, April 4, 2019, at the State Teachers Retirement System (STRS) Building, 7th Floor, 275 East Broad Street, in Columbus. Morning speakers include STRS Deputy Executive Director Gary Russell and Ohio Teacher of the Year Jonathon Juravich. Click here for additional details and the registration form. The registration deadline is March 27, 2019.
→ Visit us at oea-r.ohea.us — for additional OEA/NEA-R resources
Stay in touch with professional developments and your colleagues, make new friends, and make your retirement dollars go further with membership in OEA-R/NEA-R.
Front row, seated l-r: Rita Walters (EOEA), Carol Kinsey, OEA Board of Directors; OEA President Becky Higgins
225 E. Broad St., Columbus, OH, 43215
800-282-1500 | 614-227-3119
Map this location
OEA Staff Liaison: Todd Jaeck
(Dallas Austin – Admin. Assistant)
- Chair: John Hoyes, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice Chair: Bill Sears, email@example.com
- Secretary: Peg Ham, firstname.lastname@example.org
- OEA Board Rep: Carol Kinsey, Cskinsey@aol.com
- Capital: Jeff Corbin, email@example.com
- Central: Mary Binegar, firstname.lastname@example.org
- ECOEA: Open
- EOEA: Rita Walters, email@example.com
- NCOEA: Judy Novak, firstname.lastname@example.org
- NEOEA: Marsh Buckley, email@example.com
- NWOEA: Sue Cramer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- SEOEA: Jane Miller, email@example.com
- SWOEA: Judy Buschle, firstname.lastname@example.org
- WOEA: Phil Long, email@example.com
- At-Large: Jane Rahn, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ed. Support Professionals: Barbara Catalano, email@example.com
- Higher Education: Bonnie Harris, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fund for Children and Public Education
- OEA-FCPE Rep: Pam Smith, email@example.com
- OEA-FCPE Alt: Carol Kinsey, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Capital — ColumbusEA | CEA-R
• Central OEA/NEA | Retired
• East Central — ECOEA-R
• Eastern — EOEA-R
• North Central — NCOEA-R
• North Eastern — NEOEA-R
• Northwestern — NWOEA-R
• Southeastern — SEOEA-R
• Southwestern SWOEA-R
• Western WOEA-R
Districts are responsible for the content on their sites. | Not all District’s have additional sites.
Collective Bargaining and Member Advocacy
Responsible for recommending strategies to the OEA Board of Directors that ensure the planning, implementation and assessment of a Collective Bargaining Program that meets the needs of local affiliates.
Responsible for efficient operation of OEA Representative Assemblies (RA); credentialing and seating of delegates; establishing the Standing Rules of the RA; and, assisting delegates who wish to address the assembly.
Human and Civil Rights
Responsible for identifying current issues and trends impacting the human and civil rights of students and members and recommending to the OEA Board of Directors strategies to promote social justice and diversity within the Association and in the larger community.
Responsible for screening, evaluating and recommending legislative proposals as well as implementation of legislative priorities, goals and policies as adopted at annual the Fall RA.
Local Development & Training
Responsible for recommending strategies to the OEA Board of Directors that ensure the planning, implementation and regular assessment of a the statewide local development and training program that meets the needs of and strengthens local affiliates.
Responsible for recommending to the OEA Board of Directors strategies that ensure the planning, implementation and regular assessment of an internal and external organizing program that meets the needs of local affiliates.
Professional Efficacy CFC
Responsible for recommending strategies to the OEA Board of Directors that ensure the planning, implementation and regular assessment of the professional development program that promotes the OEA’s legislative agenda and meets the needs of locals and supports the professional growth of members.
Responsible for developing the OEA Resolutions and platform for recommendation at the Spring RA