Welcome to the OEA-Retired 2020 Election!
Election-America is serving as our service provider. The 2020 Election period closes March 30, 2020. Please watch your U.S. Mail delivery for an Official Election Notice.
Click here to learn more about each delegate. (updated Feb. 26, 2020)
[Click here for a sample Election Notice] It contains your individual Election Code as well as your individual Voting PIN — both are necessary to complete the online ballot. If you would like to request a paper ballot, please contact Election-America by October 15th, 2019, at Help+OEAR@election-america.com or call (844) 413-2929.
OEA-Retired Spring 2020 Elections
- NEA RETIRED DELEGATE ballot to elect eight (8) NEA-Retired Delegates to represent Ohio’s retired members at the 2020 NEA Representative Assembly in Atlanta, GA. Biographical information on each candidate provided. Note: The OEA-Retired Chair serves as an automatic Delegate by virtue of office to the NEA RA for a grand total of nine (9) retired delegates. There are 23 candidates listed on the ballot. Mark this election for no more than eight (8) candidates. (Only NEA/Unified-Retired members are eligible to vote).
- OEA-RETIRED ADVISORY COUNCIL AT-LARGE ballot to elect the OEA-Retired Advisory Council position for At-Large with a term beginning September 1, 2020 and ending July 14, 2023. Biographical information on each candidate is provided. There are two (2) candidates listed on the ballot. Mark this ballot for no more than one (1) candidate. (Only Unified/OEA-Retired members are eligible to vote).
- OEA-RETIRED ADVISORY COUNCIL SOUTH EAST ballot to elect the OEA-Retired Advisory Council position for South East with a term beginning September 1, 2020 and ending July 14, 2023. Biographical information on each candidate is provided. There are two (2) candidates listed on the ballot. Mark this ballot for no more than one (1) candidate. (Only Unified/OEA-Retired South East members are eligible to vote).
It is not necessary to conduct an election for the following OEA-Retired Advisory Council Positions as they were elected by acclamation:
Vice-Chair: Phil Long (WOEA) (Term Ending July 14, 2021)
Central: Barry Alcock (Term Ending July 14, 2023)
East Central: Anne Bowles (Term Ending July 14, 2023)
Western: Sandra Coe (Term Ending July 14, 2022)
|→ Visit us at oea-r.ohea.us — for additional OEA-R/NEA-R resources. Stay in touch with professional developments and your colleagues, make new friends, and make your retirement dollars go further with membership in OEA-R/NEA-R.|
Front row, seated l-r: Rita Walters (EOEA), Carol Kinsey, OEA Board of Directors; OEA President Becky Higgins
225 E. Broad St., Columbus, OH, 43215
800-282-1500 | 614-227-3119
Map this location
OEA Staff Liaison: Todd Jaeck
(Dallas Austin – Admin. Assistant)
- Chair: John Hoyes, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice Chair: Bill Sears, email@example.com
- Secretary: Peg Ham, firstname.lastname@example.org
- OEA Board Rep: Carol Kinsey, Cskinsey@aol.com
- Capital: Jeff Corbin, email@example.com
- Central: Mary Binegar, firstname.lastname@example.org
- ECOEA: Open
- EOEA: Rita Walters, email@example.com
- NCOEA: Judy Novak, firstname.lastname@example.org
- NEOEA: Marsh Buckley, email@example.com
- NWOEA: Sue Cramer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- SEOEA: Jane Miller, email@example.com
- SWOEA: Judy Buschle, firstname.lastname@example.org
- WOEA: Phil Long, email@example.com
- At-Large: Jane Rahn, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ed. Support Professionals: Barbara Catalano, email@example.com
- Higher Education: Bonnie Harris, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fund for Children and Public Education
- OEA-FCPE Rep: Pam Smith, email@example.com
- OEA-FCPE Alt: Carol Kinsey, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Capital — ColumbusEA | CEA-R
• Central OEA/NEA | Retired
• East Central — ECOEA-R
• Eastern — EOEA-R
• North Central — NCOEA-R
• North Eastern — NEOEA-R
• Northwestern — NWOEA-R
• Southeastern — SEOEA-R
• Southwestern SWOEA-R
• Western WOEA-R
Districts are responsible for the content on their sites. | Not all District’s have additional sites.
Collective Bargaining and Member Advocacy
Responsible for recommending strategies to the OEA Board of Directors that ensure the planning, implementation and assessment of a Collective Bargaining Program that meets the needs of local affiliates.
Responsible for efficient operation of OEA Representative Assemblies (RA); credentialing and seating of delegates; establishing the Standing Rules of the RA; and, assisting delegates who wish to address the assembly.
Human and Civil Rights
Responsible for identifying current issues and trends impacting the human and civil rights of students and members and recommending to the OEA Board of Directors strategies to promote social justice and diversity within the Association and in the larger community.
Responsible for screening, evaluating and recommending legislative proposals as well as implementation of legislative priorities, goals and policies as adopted at annual the Fall RA.
Local Development & Training
Responsible for recommending strategies to the OEA Board of Directors that ensure the planning, implementation and regular assessment of a the statewide local development and training program that meets the needs of and strengthens local affiliates.
Responsible for recommending to the OEA Board of Directors strategies that ensure the planning, implementation and regular assessment of an internal and external organizing program that meets the needs of local affiliates.
Professional Efficacy CFC
Responsible for recommending strategies to the OEA Board of Directors that ensure the planning, implementation and regular assessment of the professional development program that promotes the OEA’s legislative agenda and meets the needs of locals and supports the professional growth of members.
Responsible for developing the OEA Resolutions and platform for recommendation at the Spring RA