- This event has passed.
Virtual OEA Professional Learning Seminar: Restorative Practices Basics
July 29 @ 9:00 am - August 7 @ 5:00 pm
This sixteen hour virtual training will take place via Zoom from 9:00 am – 12:30 pm each of the four class session days. This training is free to OEA members, but you must be able to attend all sixteen hours of the training. You will receive a completion certificate for sixteen hours that you can submit to your LPDC, and the class is also eligible for one Ashland graduate credit at a member cost of approximately $180.
Please click on the flyer to the right for further details and register today. We would love to have you join us in the virtual circle
Wednesday, July 29 | Thursday, July 30
Thursday, August 6 | Friday, August 7
All class sessions will take place via Zoom
Each class session will begin at 9 am and conclude at 12:30 pm. You must be able to attend all online class hours and one, virtual work session with a small group of your colleagues to participate in the class.
During this sixteen-hour training you will:
- Build relationships, respond to conflict, and problem-solve collaboratively using a restorative framework.
- Participate in circles with your colleagues.
- Learn to facilitate restorative circles.
- Learn how to set high expectations for students and colleagues while being supportive.
- Learn techniques for building social capital, resolving social problems, and responding when harm occurs through a restorative lens.
- Practice providing direct feedback and asking questions that promote accountability.
- Discover effective methods to resolve common conflicts.
- Discover how circles create positive learning environments.
- Be prepared to facilitate circles virtually or in person when you begin your school year!
To register for the OEA Professional Learning Seminar: Restorative Practices Basics, please click the link below.