- This event has passed.
Cultural Competency & Equity — July 16
July 16 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
One event on July 17, 2019 at 8:00 am
Learn more about Cultural Competency and Equity Literacy at this two-day, OEA Professional Learning Seminar, at the OEA Headquarters, 225 E. Broad St., in Columbus, July 16-17, 2019.
During this two-day Professional Learning Seminar you will:
• Develop a foundational knowledge in social justice and equity literacy.
• Identify your own belief systems through the analysis and creation of narratives.
• Apply concepts of equity literacy to recognize institutional inequities within educational settings.
• Engage in dialogue with colleagues about equity literacy and its impact in communities and school systems.
• Consider how to implement tools and techniques which redress bias and support student self‐actualization.
This seminar is limited to 35 members. OEA will provide all resource materials, hotel costs for one night, and breakfast, lunch, and snacks for all training days. One Ashland University credit is available for this Professional Learning Seminar.
To apply to this OEA Professional Learning Seminar, please click this link to access the application: https://form.jotform.com/91536318103148. For additional questions, please contact Daria DeNoia at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Makia Burns at: email@example.com.