LABOR RELATIONS CONSULTANTS
[Click here to download this posting] The Ohio Education Association (OEA) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Labor Relations Consultant with an immediate need in the Zanesville, Ohio area.
We are also accepting resumes for placement in the OEA Employment Pool. The ideal candidate approaches labor relations consulting from an organizing perspective and is able to demonstrate effective skills in organizing, member advocacy and collective bargaining, community engagement, and political action. In addition, a candidate needs to understand public education and professional issues.
- Plans, assists, and/or serves as a consultant to the local association in the collective bargaining process
- Assists members and locals in member rights advocacy
- Advises leaders in dealing with local operations and assists in local association program development
- Assists in the development and dissemination of general communications and may serve as public spokesperson as assigned
- Assists local associations in developing effective internal and external public relations programs
- Uses OEA/NEA resource personnel and participates in providing programs and support to local associations and members through learning and engagement opportunities such as workshops and trainings
- Assists locals with political advocacy at the local, state and national levels
- Provides assistance in crisis situations as assigned
- Assists existing, new and potential locals in internal and external organizing activities.
- Collaborates with UniServ Organizers as required
- Assists members and locals with professional issues advocacy
- Plans, develops, and provides training for leaders and members
- Serves in field operations as assigned
- Serves as a liaison/advisor and subject matter expert as assigned
- Attends major conferences, workshops, etc. in areas of assignment and disseminates relevant information obtained at said approved professional training
- Performs other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor within the job description.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated competency and proficiency in organizing, consulting skills, political action, member advocacy, and collective bargaining among others
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing productive relationships using strong interpersonal skills
- High proficiency in exercising good judgment and reasoning skills
- Ability to creatively solve problems in a dynamic environment
- Ability to interact and consult effectively with diverse groups including local leadership and association members
- High proficiency in verbal and written communication including drafting proposals, developing presentations and producing materials and reports for a variety of specific audiences
- Familiarity with education policy, practice and political environment
- Proficient in technology including Microsoft Office Suite and other online platforms including Skype among others
- Demonstrated ability to pursue projects with energy, drive, and perseverance
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed to achieve the goals of the OEA
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Must be willing to relocate, if needed
Please submit notice of application to email@example.com. Employer paid social security. Fringe benefits include paid vacation, sick leave, health insurance, paid holidays, and retirement plan.
Benefits Overview and Application Information
This is a bargaining unit position that offers outstanding benefits to employees and eligible family members, including health, dental and vision insurance; retirement plan and 401(k); paid vacation and sick leave, and paid holidays. OEA provides liberal training and professional development opportunities and a year-long mentoring program for new employees. Interested candidates should e-mail a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or send by mail to: OEA, Attn: HR, P. O. Box 2550, Columbus, OH 43216.
Qualified applicants are expected to share a portfolio demonstrating individual experience with each of the competencies outlined above, specifically highlighting organizing experience. Additional information to be provided upon selection for consideration.
The OEA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Teaching and Support Positions
Looking for teaching positions in Ohio? Click here for Ohio’s Web-based Recruiting System, a database of teaching and support positions throughout Ohio.