Seven OEA-member districts were recently acknowledged as 2018 Champion of School Breakfast Awardees. The award highlights the collaborative efforts between school administration, teachers, child nutrition and other building support personnel to enhance or expand access and student participation in breakfast at their school.
- Akron Public Schools, Harris-Jackson Community Learning Center
- Cincinnati Public Schools
- Kettering City School District, Fairmont HS
- Kettering City Schools, Kettering MS
- Indian Creek School District, Wintersville ES*
- Northern Local School District, Sheridan HS
- Northmor Local School District, Northmor HS
- Wellston City Schools*
- Winton Woods City Schools, Winton Woods ES*
- Worthington City Schools, Granby ES
* Prior recipient of an Breakfast in the Classroom grant
“The proven benefits of moving breakfast from the cafeteria to the classroom include better attendance records, less tardiness, and fewer behavioral and discipline problems. Those benefits are what the students in Ohio deserve,” said OEA vice-president Scott DiMauro.
>> About Partners for Breakfast in the Classroom