Summer Institute for ABA: Strategies for Teachers
July 7 - 10, 2014
8 AM - 4 PM
Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Stecker Auditorium
Registration Deadline is June 30, 2014.
This fun, hands-on Institute will serve to impart a multitude of behavioral teaching strategies that are specifically designed to best teach a student with ASD. Opportunities for modeling, role-playing, and direct practice with students in 1:1 and group teaching environments will allow new skills to reach mastery. This Institute is most effective when several members of one teaching staff attend together.
At the end of this conference, participants should be able to:
- Describe and implement basic ABA teaching strategies.
- Describe methods to help students integrate, generalize and maintain new skills.
- Identify methods to improve students’ social functioning and make inclusion more effective.
- Identify the functions of problem behavior and the related behavior reduction strategies.
- Design an effective data collection system.
General education teachers, special education teachers, speech language pathologists, occupational therapists, school psychologists, behavior specialists, paraprofessionals.
**Teaching teams from school systems are encouraged to attend the Summer Institute together**
For more information, download brochure with registration form.
Professional Conference Coordinator
Nationwide Children’s Hospital
CME and Conferences Department, 2014 Teacher Institute,
700 Children’s Drive, Columbus, OH, 43205
PHONE: (614) 355-0672
FAX: (614) 355-0670