New NAEP Questions Tool: Dig Deeper into NAEP Questions for Formative Assessments
The NAEP Questions Tool, one of the most popular features of the National Assessment of Educational Progress Web site, now makes it easier than ever for school administrators and teachers to locate over 2,000 released NAEP assessment questions.
The updated NAEP Questions Tool provides a quick selection of questions from past NAEP assessments, as well as a tutorial and a detailed help menu to assist users. Also, be sure to check out the special Ohio student performance information which gives schools a way to compare their students’ performance on a specific question to that of the students in Ohio and in public schools across the nation.
In the updated NAEP Questions Tool, users can:
- Select questions by choosing among different criteria, such as difficulty level, content classification and type of question (multiple-choice, constructed-response and extended-constructed response);
- Access content areas such as reading, math, science, U.S. history, economics, geography, civics, arts and writing;
- See actual student answers to constructed-response questions and learn why the answers were scored as they were;
- Explore detailed data for each question, including percentage of students (p-value) who answered a multiple-choice question correctly or who received full or partial credit on a constructed-response question in Ohio and in the nation;
- Bookmark results or individual questions so you can return to exactly the same place later.
To start using the NAEP Questions Tool, visit http://nces.ed.gov/nationsreportcard/itmrlsx/. To get a quick overview of questions from all NAEP subjects, check out Test Yourself at http://nationsreportcard.gov/testyourself.asp.
NAEP is administered by the National Center for Education Statistics within the Institute of Education Sciences.