The Benefits of Joining OEA
Combined, OEA and its parent organization, the National Education Association (NEA), offer an impressive array of services and benefits, providing members with financial gains, legal representation and protection, and professional development, as well as resources and programs.
Membership in OEA/NEA provides you with:
Protection and Representation
- Educators Employment Liability Insurance provides you with:
- – $1 million in coverage for civil claims brought against you,
– representation or reimbursement for the defense of criminal charges.*
OEA/NEA Legal Services Program for the defense of your employment rights, including retirement interests.*
OEA/NEA Attorney Referral Program, which provides you quality legal services for personal matters at reduced rates.*
Advocacy to protect your retirement interests.
A Labor Relations Consultant, located in an office near you, assigned to provide direct assistance to your local association and, when appropriate, personal representation to you in employment-related issues.
- Representation before state agencies such as the Educator Standards Board, the State Board of Education, the Ohio Board of Regents, and the State Employment Relations Board.
Information about your profession and the activities of your association through regular publications such as Ohio Schools and NEA Today magazines, as well as up-to-the-minute news on the OEA and NEA Web sites, including NEA Today.
Advocacy at the local, state and federal levels.
Coordinated training on professional issues.
- Valuable resources for improving your practice with the NEA Professional Library.
A wide variety of dollar-stretching economic services and benefit programs through NEA Member Benefits and discounts through OEA Access.
- Free life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance to eligible NEA members through the NEA DUES-TAB program.
* Terms and conditions of coverage are set forth in program documents. Contact your Labor Relations Consultant to obtain additional information.