OEA Employment Opportunities
UniServ Education Reform Consultant
The Ohio Education Association (OEA) is seeking candidates for a challenging and rewarding position as a UniServ Education Reform Consultant in OEA’s Education Policy Research and Member Advocacy department. Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to: researching and interpreting issues concerning education advocacy, educator effectiveness and assessment; disseminating information to and training association leaders and staff; and interacting with state and federal agencies, coalitions and education stakeholder organizations, and the staff of the National Education Association.
- Assists in established functions and maintenance of OEA governance functions;
- Organizes training programs in areas of assignment;
- Acts as an OEA resource and source of information in areas of assignment;
- Serves as a resource consultant and program presenter in areas of assignment;
- Serves as a staff consultant to assigned Commissions, Governance Divisions, and/or Affiliated Organizations;
- Assists in Division policy, program, and budget recommendations;
- Attends and reports on major conferences, workshops, etc., in areas of assignment;
- Assists in training programs of other professional staff in areas of assignment;
- Serves as liaison to other Divisions as assigned;
- Serves in field operations as assigned; and
- Performs other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor within the job description.
- Master’s degree in education or related field required (National Board Certification or doctorate in education preferred) with at least five years of successful teaching and/or educational leadership experience in public schools
- Demonstrated work experience in, or with responsibility for, curriculum and professional development, including extensive knowledge of standards, curriculum, instruction and assessment
- Knowledge of state and federal compliance processes and procedures for special education student populations (IEPs, 504s)
- Demonstrated work experience with grant or project management, including knowledge of evaluation methodologies and applicable databases
- Evidence of successful education advocacy and organizing experience
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and demonstrated successful experience in conducting training in small and large group settings
- Experience planning and conducting professional development conferences and events, preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally, in writing and with social media
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively on complex issues with cross-functional, diverse teams (internal and external)
- Willingness to travel, work weekends and serve as staff liaison to OEA governance and affiliated groups
APPLICATIONS & OTHER INFORMATION:
Office Location: 225 E. Broad St., Columbus, OH 43216
This is a bargaining unit position with a starting salary of $74,321 to $87,893. Generous fringe benefits include paid vacation and sick leave; medical, dental and vision insurance; paid holidays; professional development opportunities; retirement plan and 401(k). Interested candidates should respond no later than March 17, 2015 by e-mailing a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or send by mail to: OEA, Attn: HR, P.O. Box 2550, Columbus, OH 43216.
Visit our website at www.ohea.org for information about OEA. This position will remain open until filled.
The OEA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Ohio Education Association (OEA) is seeking qualified candidates for projected Labor Relations Consultant vacancies located throughout Ohio. The ideal candidate approaches labor relations consulting from an organizing perspective and is able to demonstrate and communicate the connections between organizing and collective bargaining, member advocacy, building community relationships, media outreach, political action, public education, and professional issues.
Click here for job description.