Learning about Common Core Standards before 2014
Strengthen Your Core Workshop
June 26, 2012
Spend a day strengthening your understanding of the Common Core State Standards at this workshop for educators who want to build on an existing base of knowledge of the Standards.
By improving core strength, you will be able to:
- Improve balance and stability between efforts to implement the Common Core State Standards and formative instructional practices.
- Zero in on 21st century resources for teaching and learning the Common Core State Standards, including coaching from INFOhio on the role that libraries can play in putting the Standards into practice.
- Tone up your curriculum with right, rigorous, and relevant content by understanding the key shifts in the Common Core State Standards, including student literacy across contents and the mathematical processes.
- Understand how strong vertical and horizontal alignment of the Common Core State Standards can make other school-improvement exercises easier.
- Help students reach fitness for the next generation of high-stakes assessments.
- Attend this one-day workshop as a teacher team, or attend as an individual and take the knowledge gained back to your school or district. All participants will be able to interact and learn at the workshop through ad hoc professional learning teams.